Every summer, the village holds a week of charitable fund-raising community events and the residents make a special effort to decorate their properties to accentuate the festival mood. In 2016 the Festival raised just over £2000 for the village - supporting the Church, Institute and the Chelmorton Children's Charity.
In 2017, the festival will be held from 10th to 16th July.
The provisional programme of events (March 2017) is
- Festival Quiz on the Monday evening
- Crimer Writers' Panel on the Tuesday featuring Derbyshire crime writer Stephen Booth
- Tideswell Singers in concert onn the Wednesday evening
- On Thursday David Bagshaw offers a dry-stone walling course
- Saturday brings village stalls, band, dog show, children's activities and the evening Village Party
- The Institute and the Church will hold exhibitions, there will be a scarecrow competition, village walks & a treasure trail
- We hope to see 1 or more Chelly Chase style runs